The Horse & Farrier
Where we are
5 Bridge Street,
Otley, LS21 1BQ,
Tel: 01943 468400
4 letting rooms, king-sized beds, en-suite shower rooms and tea/coffee clock Radio in each room everything you would expect in a modern Bed & Breakfast .
£80 per couple, per night for bed and breakfast;
£65 per person per night for single occupancy bed & breakfast; and
£105 for family room per night, bed & breakfast.
What we offer
Yes upto 9.00pm
Large public car park to rear
The Horse & Farrier History
The Horse and Farrier started out as a private property known as Bull House Farm. When it became a Pub, it was named The Three Horse. It is thought to have been built on the site of a small, low, two-storied 17th century building, which had a doorway with a window on each side, and two upper storey windows, all complete with drip-stones. Photographs are extant (taken about 1874), which show this small building, over the door of which may be deciphered the words “Three Horse Shoes Inn.”
The Inn was probably named The Three Horse Shoes because of its close proximity to the old smithy next door. The blacksmith in business on the premises was George Henry Hunt, a farrier and shoesmith, who retired in 1946 after having been in business for 50 years and died in 1950.
In 1988 the Inn changed its name from The Three Horse Shoes to “The Lix” until 1993 when it reverted back to its original name.
In 2010, Market Town Taverns purchased the property, and following extensive refurbishment, it re-opened on Wednesday, 20th April 2011 under its new name of the “Horse and Farrier.” Food is now served daily and there is a new function room available on the first floor for private parties.