The Bay Horse
Where we are
20 Market Place,
Otley, LS21 3AQ,
Tel: 01943 461122
Mon- Sun 10.45 – 11.30
What we offer
Bar Snack And Sandwiches Available
Public Car Parking nearby . Space in Bay Horse Court for Cycle Parking.
Racing Uk and At The Races.
The Bay Horse History
PLEASE NOTE – THE BAY HORSE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED AND FOR SALE [AT 01 JUNE 2017]
According to the late Frank Morrell, a local historian, this Inn was built around the mid 1700’s and sandwiched between two properties. It was one of the 20 Inns in Otley during 1822.
In 1876, John Brown, who previously held the Summercross, became Licensee, and around 1922, the former licensee of the Fountain took over.
The stables and the place where the ale was brewed were at the rear. At one time there was a doorway leading to the passage, and in the days when Otley Rugby Club played on the Wharfeside ground, they dressed at their Headquarters, the Queens Head in Kirkgate, and had to walk to the field in their football kit. Several of the players were known to slip in the front door of the pub, have a ‘quick one’ and out by the passage.